"Do something instead of killing time, because time is killing you."
Paulo Coelho (via bookwormings)
"I began to realize how important it was to be an enthusiast in life. If you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it and above all become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good."
Roald Dahl (via fawun)
I woke up feeling really creative today so my horse is getting a makeover…
"If you don’t end up smiling while you are kissing someone, you are probably kissing the wrong person."
I wish I learned this before (via lil-plant-princess)
"25 things i wish i realized while i was still in highschool"
- That zit on your cheek literally does not matter
- Skipping class one time will not ruin your entire life
- The boy you’re trying so hard to impress will mean nothing to you in a year
- Bring coffee to school and ignore people who make fun of it
- Bring a snack, too. Don’t care if people hear you eating in class.
- Being popular isn’t and will never be something that seriously defines who you are
- Appreciate your teachers
- Doing/not doing drugs doesn’t make you cooler than anyone else.
- Neither does drinking
- Talk to the kid sitting alone; even though it may not change your life it could drastically change theirs
- Participate in school events
- Wear sweatpants everyday
- Or wear a dress everyday
- Wear whatever makes you comfortable
- Nobody will laugh at you if you sit alone at your lunch table for five minutes
- Utilize the library
- Don’t wait 20 minutes to text someone back just to seem cool
- Tell your friends how much you love them
- Cherish your free textbooks… seriously
- Help confused freshmen, be nice to them. Remember how much you would have appreciated it a couple years ago
- Compliment the other girls in the bathroom
- That fight you had with your mom really isn’t that big of a deal
- It’s okay to cry
- Don’t let your desire for a romantic relationship stop you from forming platonic relationships
- Remember that life does go on
Why Are You Arguing Against Gay Marriage?
- Because It Will Destroy The Traditional Meaning of Marriage: I think you will find that actual 'traditional marriage' was a woman's father signing over ownership of her to the husband that he has picked out. Thank god we have moved on from such outdated 'traditions', right?
- The Bible Says It's Wrong: The bible doesn't actually say anything about gay marriage. It does however say that you shall not wear clothing of mixed fabrics (Deuteronomy 22:11), guess we're all going straight to hell!
- Because Being Gay Is Unnatural: Homosexuality is found in over 450 species. Homophobia is only found in one- i think it is clear which is more unnatural.
- Because Gay Men Are Sexual Predators: Male rape is most commonly committed by heterosexual men (McMullen 1990). Better keep your back against that wall for the rest of your life!
- Because Gay Sex Is Disgusting: If you have ever jerked off to a little bit of girl on girl action or if you have ever had heteronormative anal sex then your argument is immediately invalid.
- Because Gay People Are Icky: Well.. At least your honest but i personally find homophobics icky and you're still allowed to get married.
- Because Innocent Children Might Re-enact Gay Marriage Scenes At School And It Will Turn Our Kids Gay: You're really more comfortable with children acting out gun fights than acting out a display of love? Pretending to be gun-touting criminals doesn't turn children into gun-touting criminals. Pretending to be a pony doesn't turn children into ponies. Heck, how many LGBT people re-enacted heteronormative marriages when they were kids? You should really look up the definition of 'pretend'.
- Because I'm a Dick: Glad you admit it.
- .... : Exactly.
"nothing will ruin your 20’s more than thinking you should have your life together already."
I need to write this on every wall of my room. (via thisyearsgirls)
"Where do you go when your house isn’t home?"